In a message dated 97-11-26 07:06:16 EST, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< The NPF has been around a loooong time and they STILL haven't brought
 Parkinson's out of the darkness, where we're invisible - and into the light
 where the disease will be KNOWN for what it TRULY is.

Not knowing very much about the NPF or the APDA I wonder if there mission is
to be and advertising agency or a public relations firm ????

Perhaps there main mission is to raise funds for research. I wonder how they
do on that score????  I've seen statements that NPF says they maintain about
50 research centers and I know the cost of a research facility is about $
100,000 per year. Would it not  be nice to think of a way to double the size
of the pulbic and corporate donations for PD research. Perhaps it might be
appropo for one of the key organizations to hold a form for any to attend who
want to help raise funds for research or maybe all the organizations could
get in on this project if they feel it merits consideration  However I would
attend even if it was a sponsored event by only one organization.   The Goal
is research funds and how to get them.

My thoughts this morning on my 6th Day of requib and doing well as you can
see from my feisty nature the last few days.

Dale Severance.