Thanks for the Welcome.

Iīm 53 years old and have had PD for 17 years. Iīm living in Odense,
Denmark.
Married to Georg for 32 years and we have 2 children.

I have worked at the musicians union untill I had to stop 12 years ago,
when my PD got worse. After that time  Iīve worked a lot in lokal group of
the Danish Parkinson Association.

Having Parkinson I feel is like driving a car. At the start the road is
broad an good, but as time goes the road becomes more and more narrow and
the difficulties became greater and greater. BUT  it is a challenge that we
have to overcome. At first Madopar helped very much, but a side effect was
dystonia, at first in the legs, but later in the entire body. Then came
Eldepryl and helped a lot, and the newest (start 1 month ago) is Tasmar
(Tolcapone) promising untill now.

 But just as important as the drug is the care. As the dystonia got worse
the nurse coudīnt come quick enaugh to help me, so I got a personal carer 7
years ago, at first for 20 hours a week, then 32, and now 37 hours a week,
which is a full time job here. 3 years ago Georg got the job as carer so
now I have him 24 hours a day 7 days a week, and we are both happy for this
arrangement and best of all heīs able to help me with the dystonia so it
isīnt getting so bad more.

We are very happy to have found this list!

Bodil & Georg Larsen