Many Thanksgivings are just another day for me, but not this one. I recently
wrote that my cup is always half full vs. half empty. Today my cup is full
with only the haunting specter of PD keeping it from running over. Today I'm
stepping out of my battle armor to bask in the glory of our great
victory(Champaign again). After writing this I'm going back to bed to
snuggle with my wife, who wins the Jim Cordy caring hands award. My early
morning risings have robbed us of too many wakenings together.
I marvel at the strength of the bonds of friendship that have formed so
quickly. I thought once I would never have friendships as strong as those I
formed in the cauldron of my college career. But I see it is the experience
of being thrown together sharing the same vulnerability and purpose that is
the main ingredient. Yes, I am truly thankful for those special
relationships.
I am thankful for the opportunity to utilize what talents I have in
contributing to the battle which has resulted so many rewarding experiences:
from seeing those who had lost hope share in my conviction, to the signing
of each and every additional cosponsor I had a hand with, to witnessing each
deliberate stroke with 50 pens as the President of the United States of
America signed into law $100,000,000 per year for battle against
Parkinson's.
Wow!  What a roller coaster ride it has been.
I'm thankful for this list which has enabled the connection of so many
people, thoughts and ideas. Those who have doubts about computer technology
should have witnessed the Udall saga unfold post by post.

Finally I'm thankful for the dedicated researchers to whom we are handing
the $100,000,000 baton for the anchor leg of this race. Without them there
would be no hope.  God's speed.

Jim Cordy
Pittsburgh