digest Dale Severance wrote:

> Hi folks:
>
> Reading Ivans last post with a reference to the Aids Quilt got me thinking.
>
> Observing the Aids blanket in Washington certainly had almost the same impact
> as viewing the Viet Nahn Memorial.
>
> What can we do to cause a national stir.  The ball of string was a nice idea
> but did not catch on outside our PD Community. I think that was because we
> did not personalize the relationship.
>
> I am looking for a similar vechile for PD .  Maybe a blanket with a before
> and after picture with a comment about PD effect on our lives or statement of
> cost to support us. Or Maybe a sew on patch for our coats with picture of
> someone we know who had PD also. Any ideas from the list.

DALE,
What about a tulip ( pd symbol ) made out of stone with the name of
donors to supported this stone, and also a giant turtle (slow and steady
wins the race) quilt with pd and pd+ names and age  sewn by
themselvesonto the muslin with their printed name below it.  This can be
achieved with a piece of muslin and hoop so that the person or caregiver
can help sew their name and age on this stripsay2" x7". when finished it
could be applied onto the turtle and framed. It will then be placed in
the smithsonian museum, another in the chicago museum of art ,ect. Also,
you can cover those pders and pd+ who could not do either of the above
and have their names engraved on a piece of marble sheet that names and
age of the person can be added on to it with the donation. Age has a
signigficant impact!

lets do it! or what about a tulip garden with name plates of each person
who donated the tulip or have the name on a marble wall with tulips
engraved on it and the donators name.

take good care,
Nancy
note- let me know what comes out of this i am an excellent embroderier
and muslin is only 1.50 a yard