Subject:      Can PWP take Zofran, new anti-nausea drug?
>To:    Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
>
>Can a PWP undergoing surgery take Zofran? The patient in question is
>early 40s. She currently takes:    Sinemet CR 25/100 - 5/day
>                              Parlodel 2.5 mg         - 4/day
>                              Selegeline 5 mg          - 2/day.
>
>She will stop the Selegeline three days before surgery and not restart
it
>until 3 days after.
>
>It has been suggested she take 1 Zofran tab the night before surgery,
>Zofran be administered twice intravenously during the surgery/recovery
>period,  plus another tab the evening after her surgery.
>
>She had at least one intravaneous dose (maybe two) of Zofran when she
>underwent another surgery last Nov. ; it was effective at stopping the
>nausea and she experienced no side effects we know of. At the time she
>was taking the Sinemet CR and had stopped her Selegeline dosage three
>days before. She had not starting taking Parlodel.
>
>Thanks.

I can't speak about the interaction with parlodel, but I found zofran
highly useful.  I took it with sinemet and selegeline for
about two years.  Highly recommended for those with nausea problems
and good insurance ( retail is about $10 a pill).  I stopped needing
zofran when I switched to sinemet CR and dropped the selegeline.

good luck