Our mail order servcice, Merck-Medco RxService,is excellent--they will
 answer any questions, and have pharmacists available for that purpose.
They should be able to tell you how much lead time you need to plan for.
Also, you can always ask your doc for a "small"Rx to fill locally and
last till the big opne comes in the mail.  We get a discount on those also,
though the mail is cheaper still.
Good luck!

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter, 79/8, Oxford,Ohio
"Ask me about the CARE list for PD caregivers!"