Dear Nancy--there are a number of folks on ReQuip and Peter is one of them.
He has been told to add to the dosage VERY slowly, because he had a terrible ex
perience with Pramipexole(Mirapex), the other new agonist.  This moves me to
caution you about the doc not wanting to reduce the Sinemet,"because he
feels he's undermedicated".  That was what our neuro thought about Mirapex,
and he would not reduce the Sinemet, even though I told him that many docs
were doing so (had read it on the list). The result was that Peter spent 3ays i
n the hospital with a paranoid reaction, after wandering around outside in
the middle of the night,thinking something was after him, etc,etc...Our
new neuros at an excellent clinic took that experience to heart, and are
having him add ReQuip at 1/3 the recommended rate, and when he had a hallucin-
ation after a week on one pill a day they cut back Sinemet at once. He had
had mild hallucinations on Parlodel, so seems to be sensitive to dopamine
overload, though he was "undermedicated" and never got dyskinetic.  On the
other hand, one man on the list is adding ReQuip at a FASTER rate than recommen
ded, under very careful supervision--he has NOT had trouble with other
agonists..  It's so very individual, and I would only want you to be aware
that you should watch how things go VERY carefully--I wouldn't want anyone to
have to go through what we did!

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter, 79/8, Oxford,Ohio
"Ask me about the CARE list for PD caregivers!"