Received this from a friend.  Thought you might enjoy.  Nancy V

Pizza, beer & ice cream diet   (Becker, this has your name all over it !)

 As we all know, it takes 1 calorie to heat 1 gram of water 1 degree
centigrade. Translated into meaningful terms, this means that if you  eat a
 very cold dessert (generally consisting of water in  large part), the
 natural  processes which raise the consumed dessert to body temperature
during  the  digestive cycle literally suck the calories out of the only
available source-- your body fat.

 This process works equally well when drinking very cold beer in  frosted
 glasses. Each ounce of beer contains 16 latent calories,  but extracts
 1,036  calories (6,216 calories per 6 oz portion)  in the temperature
 normalizing  process. Thus the net calorie loss per ounce of beer is 1,0200
 calories.   It  doesn't take a  rocket scientist to calculate that 12,240
calories (12  oz  x  1,020 cal/oz) are extracted from the body in the process
of drinking a  can of beer.

 Unfortunately, for those who eat pizza as an excuse to drink beer,  pizza
 (loaded with latent calories and served above body temperature)  induces the
 opposite effect.  But, thankfully, as the astute reader should have  already
 reasoned,  the obvious solution is to drink a lot of beer with the  pizza
and  follow up immediately with large bowls of ice cream.   We could all be
thin if we were to adhere religiously to a pizza,  beer, and  ice cream diet.
Happy eating!