<< Good thinking, Mary Sheehan, but let's not reinvent the wheel. There
 already IS a Worldwide Parkinson's Awareness Day - 11th April, James
 Parkinson's birthday, which was accepted this year by the vast majority
 of PD support groups round the world. So I'ld like to grab your idea and
 help you make it happen - on April 11th 1998 >>

Ooops!  Guess I've used the delete button too freely.  April 11 sounds like a
good target date for a huge publicity scheme.  We have only to decide what
and how.

I think a survey is a good way to use the resources of this list.  I'd be
happy to respond.  We need to get more involved and not rely on PAN,  NPF,
 APDA, etc. to solve our problems.  BTW, I've been on Mirapex for 7 weeks now
with no side effects and good results.  My neuro says that about 50%of her
patients are having good results with Mirapex, the other 50% are not.

I like Dale's suggestion of a walk or bike ride across America by PWP's, but
wonder how many of us have the stamina or resources to attempt such an
ambitious undertaking.  A relay would work better and provide more publicity
by using hometown folks.  Maybe we could pass a cane instead of a baton.  I
can picture all of us Parkies, canes held high, falling off our bikes every
100 feet or so.  Sorry, I don't mean to satirize a good idea.  I was just
thinking how I would look in that situation.

Keep the ideas going and we'll find the best way to publicize PD.

Mary