Dear Sonia

I am very pleased to read that you are now getting on better on Tasmar.

I am also in my third week of taking it.  I started on Wednesday 12th
November and began very slowly by taking one 100mg Tolcapone for five days
and then took two per day for the next four days.  Then on Friday 21st
November I took three per day which I am still on.  I have not had any
diarrhoea problems but I have rather a lot of involuntary movements.

As far as improvement of my PD goes (I have had it for 12 years and am 44) -
I was experiencing a lot of irregular on/off's before and I now have longer
on's but still have uncomfortable off's but not so many, so I am hopeful that
this will continue.  I feel I have more tremor when off though, particularly
first thing in the morning.

I take Sinemet CR 25/100 four times a day and have been able to spread the
periods between doses out but it is still hit and miss as sometimes I seem to
be able to go up to 5 hours in between and then sometimes only 3 or so.
 Before going on Tolcapone I was taking the dopamine agonist Lisuride (I
haven't read of anyone else on the list being on this) but my neuro though it
better that I stopped it before going on Tolcapone and so I slowly came off
it over three weeks and then had a week of just taking Sinemet CR - this was
a week of hell - really bad long seize ups - so I was glad to start taking
Tolcapone.  I take the Tolcapone at about  6-7 hour intervals.

At the moment I do not feel I have any more energy which I was hoping for
since I feel tired a lot of the time but maybe this will improve.

I also take the anti-depressant Clomipramine which I think makes me sleepy.

What strength Tolcapone are you on and when do you take them and what other
medications do you take?

Are there many others on the list on Tolcapone?  I haven't seen many postings
about it - mind you I'm a bit behind with my reading so may have missed
something.

Its all very hit and miss isn't it?  We are all so different and react to the
medications in different ways don't we?

Anyway best wishes to you Sonia and I look forward to hearing from you.

I have also sent this to the list.

Susan H-C 44/12
UK