Dera Friends:

It's been ten days since my nine hours in the OR for a pallidotomy, and
except for comtinuing problems with walking in the  "off" state, life at home
is returning to a familiar routine.

I have a question for other veterans of pallidotomy surgery.  After a week or
so, did anyone have a problem with depression?  Mine hit two days ago:
 lethargy, sleepy all the time, worried (and scared) about the future, not
interested in activities I once enjoyed. Shirley believes it may be similar
 0to Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome, like surviving a plane crash or some
other disaster.  I wonder if it's simililar to the post-operative experiences
of people who have open-heart surgery-- since both the heart and the brain
are connected with a person's mortaliy.

I'd like to hear from others who have had pallidotomies and who wouldn't mind
sharing postoperative psychological experiences with me.

Thanks in advance.

Stan Houston (54/7)