My mother Joyce (68/9 months) saw her doctor today after a bad week and he
is hoping she'll get off Permax completely within a few days (she's been
working to get off it awhile now); he's going to try another agonist --
Mirapex or Requip.

In the past few days she tried something she hadn't before -- taking a
extra 1/4 Sinemet in between doses when things are bad. It helped a bit.
Her doctor has decided that effective tomorrow she's switching over to
Sinemet CR, which will increase her daily dosage a bit. (Also, she was
taking the generic version, which doesn't come in  a CR version.) What I'm
wondering is -- should she expect anything noteworthy in switching over to
Sinemet CR? Thanks.

Debbie White