>Has any one gotten off Permax without experiencing significant problems?
>Jim Cordy
>Pittsburgh

Repay time Jim. Your introduced me to the list
Yes twice with no problems.First when I changed to Ropinerol.I came off
gradually over a week. I found  that Ropinerol didn't do much for me so
whent back after a time to Pergolide.Recently I took a little Pergolide
holiday just for a week(without a gradual reduction) just to check on what
difference it made with no  ill effects except except that symptoms of pd
were increased which is what one would expect if the drug was doing any
good.How long does one have however to go without a  drug to fully
experience it's  discontinuance ? I find for instance  with Sinemet although
it's effect is susposed to be short term - a matter of hours I can go down
hill for up to a fortnight and it therefor appears to have some residual
effect and this is borne out I think by some recent and pending research.

David Langridge