Dear friends,
I hesitate to suggest another survey but!!

My vested interest.
I  am on Pergolide as a single treatment for the early stages of
Parkinson's, but do not feel too well quite often and uncertain as to
how effective it is. I will be visiting my neurologist just before
Christmas to discuss the situation.  If possible I would like to keep on
a single  agonist treatment.

Background.
To my inadequate knowledge there were two new agonists this year
[Mirapex and Roperinole], at least one of which, Mirapex,  generated a
large amount of interest.  I have been appalled at some of the tales
concerning startup with Mirapex - the supposed miracle drug from earlier
comments. Is, however, this impression representative?
On a separate but related issue, from at least one of the previous
surveys I thought there was a very significant chance that the sample
used was biased. This, of course, will lead to flawed results.

Objective:
To run a survey with the objective of giving a more representative
picture of how the two new agonists are working for members of our
group.

Proposal.
IF the survey proceeds, ask  ALL list members to respond[including those
who do not take the drugs i.e. yes I take the drug, no I do not]  and
pose a very limited number of simple questions.  All replies would be to
a private email address so as not to clog the list.  I am going to be
available on the list until at least the 10th December, and would hope
to complete everything in that sort of time frame.

Question.   If the exercise goes ahead,  could a membership list be made
available to me, it would probably save a lot of typing and lead to a
better understanding of the sample used.

Democracy in action
Before proceeding I would solicit  comments, particularly from the list
"elders".  If more than 50 percent are in favor I will post a
questionnaire.  Before posting the questionnaire I would be interested
in a quick discussion of the questions direct with any particularly
interested parties.  Let me know.  I am not a statisticion, but have
worked with relatively complex databases - any advice gratefully
received.  If there was a desire to repeat the exercise in say 3 - 6
months time [to see if there was  any significant change] I would be
willing to carry that out as well.  I presume this type of exercise has
not been carried out before.
I SEE NO POINT IN WORKING WITH A FLAWED DATABASE, IF  MEMBERS OF THE
LIST AREN'T WILLING TO RESPOND, PLEASE SUGGEST I DO NOT PROCEED.
I promise to keep the questions simple as I have no wish to compete with
valid scientific research, which certainly cannot be carried out in this
manner.   Additional questions [such as what the negative symptoms are]
could be  asked afterwards if people are interested.

I have seen several  surveys run this year so maybe another one is too
much. I will not be offended if the answers are negative.

Best wishes

David