Ron,

You wrote:

> Here's one reason our condition doesn't get enough visibility-
> no one ever dies from Parkinson's

You have hit the nail on the head.  We are the boring "lifers".
No dramatic interviews from 'death row', no headline grabbing
death sentences.  We are boring. PD is boring.  It has, to the
world at large the interest value of a war of attrition being fought
on another continent between third world countries no-one can
quite remember the names of.

It goes without saying that to those involved in long prison sentences
or actively engaged in the war of attrition are extremly concerned about
their lives- but no-one else is.

Perhaps as the 'lifers' or 3rd world of the 'unwell' we need the
PD equivelent of a prison riot, or the abduction
and 'murder' of 'rich western tourists' to grab the headlines.

But, as third world terrorists have long known - whatever we do
today we will need to do often - and bigger - and better in the future.

Dennis

Dennis Greene 48/10
http://members.networx.net.au/~dennisg/