Hi Folks:

I remember a young fellow ( Terry) I think walked across Canada on an
artifical leg to raise funds and awareness for Cancer.

I wonder if there is a possibility here for us to try something along the
same lines. If enough people are interested we could organize support groups
along the way where travelers could rest over night. I think it would
accomodiate more people with we biked rather than walk. Each stop at a sg
would present the opportunity for local publicity. I am sure the list members
could think yo ways to get donations and publicity for the event.

We could organize a team from the West vs. a team from the Eastm as a race
across the country. Or  we could go in one direction and each support group
would pass a baton to the next suppo4rt  group as  the ride progresses
acrosses the country.

Any one of the National organizations orcollectively they could support the
ride.

Any body have some thoughts On this concept.

Dale Severance

I can see it now starting on the tip of Long Island: Bruce Hollenbeck starts
the baton and passes it to Lupe McCann ..Lupe passes to Margot Zobel...
margot passes to Robin Elliot at PDF Robin passes to Bernice in Yonkers  as
we start north...Bernice Roberst passes to Tony Fazio in White Plains  Tony
pass to Pokipsque(spelling) they pass to Walter or Pat or Marg in Net
Hartord.. New hartford passes to able bodied and exercise freak Skip Vandoorn
in Syracuse..Skip labors to Rochester and turns tourch over to John NcCabe or
John and Donna Testa who cary it to the Ohio state line etc.

OH well just musings on a Saturday morning.

Dale Severance and his foolish Bridge accross the United States
We definitely should send some chutes by Jim Cordys home to wave hello as
Jimsips his mint julips and dreams of National PD Unity. And a definite shoot
north thru Canada to pay a visitt to Janet Patterson and all our Canadan
Friends on the net.

Hay here is another idea:

Let NPF,ADPA, PAN , PDF and any other organization each sponsor a team and
make it a contest to see who crosses continent first and raises the most
mony.