I  sent this message to the list 24 hours ago. The original appears
to be lost in space. If it should turn up I apologise in advance for
the double posting.  I have also taken the chance to correct a
mistake in the earlier version.

Stan,

I have not personally experienced post pallidotomy depression but it
is common enough that I was warned of it before my own 'day of the
drill'.  The only thing unusual in your case appears to be the
timing.  My understanding is that when it does occur it usually drops
in a month or two after the event.

Mind you considering what our bodies (heads in particular) go through
in the process it is hardly surprizing that your body responds by
demanding some recuperation time in the form of sleep.  I found the
"painless" tag which is often attached to pallidotomy to be just a
touch misleading.  The actual placing of the leasions is of course,
in pain terms, a non event but I found the attaching of the
stereotactic frame gave a whole new meaning to the phrase "some
discomfort" (and I speak as someone who refuses  anaesthetic when
having his teeth drilled and filled .  I was reminded of the heart
surgeon who,speaking of surgery to repair my then 4 yr old daughter's
hole in the heart, said "fixing her heart is simple, one stitch
repairs the hole, its the getting there that causes the problems".
(She is a healthy and in her dad's unbiased opinion beautiful 17 yr
old now, hoping to start at university next year).

Hang in there Stan, give yourself time to recover.

Dennis.

Dennis Greene 48/10
http://members.networx.net.au/~dennisg/