Hi Folks:

I have been reading most or all of the postings with respect to the Miami
Conference.

It is apparent that we are all quibbling among ourselves and many oppose the
idea for a variety of reasons. Even the delegates are not united in this
conference and we expect unity from other groups!!!!!

When times are pressing natural leaders step up to the plate and perform,
Generals make decisions and take action to get the job done.
Jim Cordy stepped up to the plate and took control of and raised his army to
help get the job done. He accomplished his task by forging various coalitions
to get the job done.  Now he has set new goals for himself . He is
marshalling his Officers to gain their impute in his campaign to Find the
Cure.

It is an advisory board to help the General develop his spring campaign plans
and to issue his marching orders.

If you are in his army you will support his activities. If you are not
supportive then you as an individual should step up to the plate and perform.

If the various organizations want a public forum or congress let them step up
to the plate and persuade there fellow organizations to put together a
patients congress.

The same goes for those of you who are critical of the doers. Step up to the
plate, contact the leaders of the organizations, get their support, decide on
the funding issues, determine the manner of choosing delegates assume the
responsibility.  If your plans are more appealing to the PD Community you
will gain the following of the PD Community. Don't just sit back and
criticize ,assume the responsibility and take those steps necessary to
effectuate your view point otherwise you are just a divisive element working
against people trying to Fund the research. Find the cure.

Speaking for myself, I recognize that the PD Community will only support us
if we arrive at a consensus for a spring campaign that appears to have merit
over any alternative proposals at that time.

Dale Severance
Syracuse, NY