hi dennis

you wrote:
>As a non American I am unaware of the differences (philosophical and
>othewise) between the multiplicity of national level PD organisations
>in the US.  Could someone please enlighten me.  I would also be
>interested to learn something about the historical reasons for the
>split(s).

i am also interested in this info
the financial status of each organization interests me too

my understanding of the pd orgs in canada, the uk, and australia
is that they are set up as non-profit entities
and thereby subject to local government restrictions
in the ways they are permitted to raise and distribute funds

your cyber-sis

janet

ps
since i'm on the subject