hi barb

you wrote:
>...In all my years as a Parkie, I've never heard of
>any PWP 'sides yourself who hadn't lost a significant
>part of their "old factory" <smile> senses.

hmmm, interesting...

i've lost my senses in other areas
but not taste or smell

that's partly why i lean to my personal theory
of trauma induced pd as opposed to plain old degeneration
[which might be logical, since i can trace symptoms
back to when i was all of 35]

my symptoms seem to be exclusively the major [and minor] movement ones
i have virtually none of the 'typical' secondary symptoms:
voice weakness
constipation
pd 'mask' face
etc.
although occasionally i have skin or scalp troubles

i wonder if any other siblings are a match for me?
[symptomatically speaking, of course]
or is this combination my own unique 'stew'?

>Hmmm.... maybe your good fortune was caused by the
>salubrious climate of your soon-to-be-ex-home, Bermuda?
>And how'll your senses react upon your removing
>yourself to the wilds of Canada?

i kind of doubt it
i have spent vacations in other countries and climates
[and pollution levels] without noticing any change...

>I think you should oh-so-carefully monitor your sense
>of smell and taste once you've made the big move

i will definitely make a concerted effort to monitor:
bagna cauda
the bishop's mulled wine
crab/artichoke/jalepeno dip
cincinatti style chili, five ways
rigatoni with sausage tomatoes and cream
gigi's caesar salad and custom made croutons

the above comprising
the bare minimum of seasonal sustenance
when my sister and i get to cooking together

>GET PACKING, SIS!!

oh right,
i keep getting sidetracked...

in re that cold of yours?