The words "patients" and "patience" are homonyms - that is they sound
alike, and any reading aloud of "Parkinson's Patients' Congress" sounds the
same as "parkinsons patience congress."  Actually Jim Cordy calls it
"Parkinson's Patient Congress," - patient being singular, not plural -
which avoids the homonym problem - maybe.

I am a patient, but I am also impatient.  I have patience for our
leadership to do the job right, but little more than is needed.  I
certainly don't have patience for several national organizations squabbling
among each other.

In my humble opinion, the Parkinson's Patient Congress already exists, in a
manner of speaking, here on the Parkinson's Information Exchange, THIS
LISTSERV (pardon me for shouting), and had and continues to have comparable
power to NPF, PAN, APDA, and the other organizations.  What's even more
awesome is that we are an international organization, which might even
start to get Parkinson organizations throughout the world to work together
with common agenda.  Why not?  Y'see, I'm impatient!

And it's only one of several great things that the listserv does.  Thank
you, Barb Patterson, for this wonderful gift.

Art

Arthur Hirsch [] [log in to unmask] [] Lewisville, TX

               Always Remember This:
     Happiness Is Right, So Choose Happiness