hi dennis

you wrote:
>Nearly two days ago I posted a message to the list asking for
>information on the differences between the US national level PD
>organisations and for some historical insight into why there are so
>many. A day ago, Janet Paterson endorsed my questions and added one
>of her own concerning funding of said organisations.
>The silence has been almost deafening.

as a north american
with a bit more experience with the us pd entities
[i was a member of the npf many years ago]
and certainly a lifetime's worth of media exposure
to canada's closest and economically strongest neighbour
[when bro hugh ess gets a cold, sis canda sneezes]
i will stick my cynical neck out and say:
the silence speaks volumes

the cynic in me
doubts that any of the us pd entities are non-profit
but that's only a suspicion
i could be wrong

if i'm not wrong
then the squabbling that is apparent at times
is to be expected

we have all witnessed
prestige seekers going after power money fame whatever
for its own sake
with [relatively] lots of funds around to add to and aid in that pursuit
with [relatively] little true responsibility for or reporting of same required

i do not intend these comments to reflect negatively
on either the people or the country of the united states of america

this is simply my cynic's observation of one example
of power hunger and empire building gone sadly off course

unfortunately
i am sure that we have all witnessed
other such examples in our own lives and in our own countries

there.
that's as far as my neck can stretch.
i would be delighted to be proved wrong.
janet [log in to unmask]