George Andes wrote:

> Dear Dennis, et al. -
>
> Even though I. know nothing whatever of the history of the various national
> organizations which raise money, and hackles, for research, treatment and
> so on for PD, I am willing to invent a scenario of how things got to be the
> way they are today.  Two axioms:  1)  This is the USA   2) People act like
> people.
>
> Starting from 1) The good old USA has a strong tradition of volunteerism.
> Rather than wait for local, state, or federal government to do something,
> we go ahead and do it ourselves.  If there are four national foundations,
> that must mean that four somebodies had the same good idea and the interest
> and energy to do something about it.  Further, as a republic, there is no
> official national sponsorship to give one organization formal superiority.
> We have no Royal anythings.
>
> >From 2) Egos get involved and the tendency is for organizations to fragment
> rather than to coalesce.   The biggest egos of all belong to reformers.
> They have received the Word and they hear the call to go and convert the
> world.
>
> That's all folks.  Is it true.  ?? How should I know ??
> .
> George Andes  63/15 and still counting
One  origen of the greatness of America, is in the desire of the
Colonialists to cease being  SUBJECTS of the King (royalty). They had
to define themselves in a new role, CITIZEN. This defining processs of
a CITIZEN'S role, his (PC)-"his"- rights and responsibilities, led to
factionalism, contention, chaos.  At one point someone suggested that
they import a kindly King from Europe to allow them to become SUBJECTS
again. View this current PD internecine bickering as a similar
defining process. I would like to hear from the ROYALTY, the
organizational top heirarchies.