Ron,
 If it's possiable would you mind sending more detailed info on "lipoic acid"
...or directing me to a website that has real information about this substance
<can ya tell I don't wanna (unless I have to) scroll thru "try me, buy me"
ads> ... Thanks ... Elf in TN...Romona
 http://members.aol.com/elf808/index.html   <---newbie webpage but it's in
color <G>
Elf wife to Tony (my hero), and mom to Tori (age 9, nda), Zach (age 7,
multichallenged), Cory (age5, multichallenged). The boys have no definative Dx
but several labels... Ataxia,Nystagmus, Strubismus, Dystonia, Parkinsonism,
Asthma, Execma, Hypotonia, Spasticity....ect  Collectively the
Dystonia/Parkinsonism effects the boys from eyes to toes and progressing
steadily. Currently Cory & Zach are taking Sinemet, Lodosyn and Cory has had 4
rounds of Botox, uses a walker or WC for mobility.

<<
 Why is everyone so concerned about getting Vit E and C to the brain.  If you
 think that antioxidants will help, just take lipoic acid.  It not only
 reaches the brain, it has been shown to reach the substantia nigra.  It is a
 very powerful antioxidant and it recycles E which recycles C.

 Plus it generates L-glutatione which is scarce in PD people.  It also
 chelates Iron.

 Builds strong brains in 4 ways!

                         Ron Reiner (49/2) >>