BArb Mallut wrote

It's been so long since I've had a cold that I have no memories of ever taking
Sudafed, but it's none-the-less one of those "household words," like aspirin,
Tylenol, Alka Seltzer and other popular over-the-counter medications, and I
suspect I'd had it 'round the house in the past, if not for myself, then when
my kids were growing up.

Because it was such a familiar drug, I never even so much as glanced at the
"Warning" on the  Sudafed box when I took the drug.  Later on, I picked up the
box to see how often the drug can be taken and THEN I casually read the
"Warning" on it.  It said:

"Do not use this product is you are taking a prescription monoamine oxidase
inhibitor (MAO) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional
conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAO
drug."

Barb

As an RN (non practicing but retain license in CA) I suggest that when taking
OTC meds that you read the labels and precautions three times before
purchasing.

Helen