My compliments to the really cogent comments by Dr. Charles Meyer on
"unification" of PD organizations.  I recognize that the author may have
been Dr. Bernie Barber; forgive me, as I may have not been able to sort
this out correctly given the many messages flying around on the subject
along with file conversion problems.  My comments assume I am correct in
naming Dr. M as the author.  Hopefully, some one will correct me if I am
wrong.

I am new to the list and have been off due to travel up until a week ago.
When I returned, I found all the many differing views on a subject that
came up while I was off the list.  What was clear, however, was a certain
lack of clarity of purpose and an element of reality.  Dr. Meyer has
provided that and more in my view - especially the reality check.

Allow me to provide just a bit of support for the thesis of an independent
"Parkinson Information Exchange" as articulated by Dr. Meyer.  I have had
just a brief exposure of about eight weeks[excluding my break of two weeks
for travel]to the list.  As a result, I have learned more about PD and its
many characteristics, and how to manage it than I have from reading
materials and surfing the net.  Please don't misunderstand; the latter two
are invaluable, but the PIE has allowed me as a new CG to begin to
integrate all the bits and pieces of data into a much better picture of PD
than otherwise would have been possible.  For this I am appreciative of the
existence of this list and the CG list.  Kudos to all the folks that make
both possible.

I would offer only one minor critique of both lists:  At times, information
is distributed that sometimes seems not to be terribly relevant to PWP, PD,
and to CGs.  But then, as Dr. Meyer pointed out, that what democracy is all
about.   I believe it was Winston Churchill who once said in effect:
democracy is a terrible system, but it sure beats all the alternatives.

Again, my compliments to Dr. Meyer for his thoughts and here's to an even
more effective PIE in the future.

                Perry Sennewald 69 new CG for Terry 70/0.25 [[log in to unmask]