Note to Debi White:  You wrote that your mother felt as though she had
fever.  I experienced this too while I was taking Sinemet.  I kept saying
"my skin  hurts like it does when I have fever."  I also had severe
insomnia and did not feel normal.  It was a trade-off, because it relieved
my symptoms so that I could write and walk better (the right  side of my
body was almost frozen).

I am 62 and have had symptoms for 2 years but was  only diagnosed 5 months
ago.  I took Sinemet for 3 months and Sinemet and Eldepryl for 1 month.  I
then switched gradually to NADH (Brand name ENADA) and now I DO feel
normal.  My skin does not hurt, I sleep like a baby and I can still write
and eat with my right hand and walk better.

The main drawback is the expense.  NADH is a food supplement and you buy it
at the health food store for about $50 for 30 5mg tablets.  Regulating the
dosage is a  personal matter, but you can take mega doses with NO side
effects.

I recently am pursuing fava beans as a supplement to the NADH to cut down
the expense.

Carol Phelps