Lionel:

Lipoic acid does not have any animal components.  It is produced in small
amounts by your body already but that is not the source of the supplement.

Sorry, I can't be more of a help to you since I have no experience
down-under. I have occassionally stumbled on mail-order Web sites selling
the stuff.

BTW: Do you refer to North America as "up-over"?

                Ron Reiner (50/2)