----------
> Fra: Piergiorgio Rena <[log in to unmask]>
> Til: Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN <[log in to unmask]>
> Emne: New member
> Dato: 28. november 1997 11:09
> You wrote.:
> Dear members
>
> Thank You for the welcome. My name is Piergiorgio Rena and I live in
> Rivoli (close to Torino, Italy). I am 34 years old and I work at Fiat
> Research Center: i deal with electric traction.
> My father has been suffering from Parkinson disease since 1982 and he is
> 62 years old. Every Saturday morning we attend the meetings of the
> support group  organised by the local section of the AIP (Parkinson
> Italian Association). The main purpose of this meeting is to provide, in
> addition to the medication update, a psycological support to the
> patients, in order to increase their self-confidence, their creativity:
> in practice, to improve the quality of their lives.
> I would like to know if there are other members involved in this type of
> activities and which are their initiatives at the purpose.
> I do not have a personal computer at home: I have to use my office PC so
> I do not have so much time to write and to read the messages I get: in
> any case I will do my best to make it!
> Tomorrow mornig I will be busy as a receptionist at the annual meeting
> organised in Torino by the Parkinson Italian Association.
> My  E-Mail adress is: [log in to unmask]
>
> Best regards to everyone
> Piergiorgio Rena

Welcome to you and your father!
First IŽll like to tell you that we are driving a Fiat Ducato, it is a
disabled car, made so Bodil can drive on board in her electric weelchair,
we have a toilet, her chair can be adjusted electrically, and we have a lot
of room. This car have given us a new life, we can even go camping again.
Our local section of the Danish Parkinson Association have made an evening
school where we have physique practice, we have 7 people at one team and we
have learned that if we take 2 teams at one time we have 2 physiotherapists
to educate, then we can have one to tell what to do and the other to go
around and help those who have difficulties to do so.
To day we have 7 teams, paid for by the local authority. We have had this
practice for 12 years now, and it is our expirence that it is a good
oppurtunity for the participiants to learn to know each other and to speak
about their common problems.
Remember, when you have got PD you will have good times og you will have
bad times, use the bad time to be pleased, because then the good time is
soon comming!

Best regards
Bodil & Georg Larsen