Ron writes:

>As PWP with loss of sense of smell, I worry that this loss may be
>related to other non-movement deficits in the future. By non-movement
>deficities I mean depression, dementia, etc.  My non-technical view of
>the brain leaves me with the feeling that loss of sent of smell must
>relate to loss of brain cells beyond the dopamine producers.
>
>Anyone else have info/thoughts?

In some of my studies into PD years ago I encountered a college text (name
long forgotten) that showed an olfactory center very close to the substantia
nigra in the brain. I guess the free-radical damage in that area is not
specific to the SN. I think we have more than one olfactory center, which
explains why I can still smell.some things.

Kathie Tollifson
47/9