EDIELUT wrote:

>  had to have
> a molar pulled two weeks ago because I lost too much bone under that tooth.  I
> wonder if there is any connection with bone loss and parkinson?
> Edie 63/l7

  Dear Edie,
Yes, in controlled studies PWP had lower bone mineral density, greater instance of
severe osteoporosis, and greater rates of bone fracture than control subjects. I
recommend to my clients that they ask their physicians to test for osteoporosis.
In the case of  bone loss in the jaw, this can make dentures/bridges difficult to
fit. I encourage all PWP to get adequate calcium, magnesium, and vitamins D & K
daily.

Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD