> Fentanyl is an anesthetic.  The company I work for is one of the (maybe the only?) US
> manufacturers for this drug.  We produce the bulk drug, then sell it to other companies to
> formulate into dosage forms.  From what I understand as told to my by someone who has had the
> drug, it has no side effects.
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> Wanda

Fentanyl is *not* an "anesthetic".  It is a narcotic (synthetic) like
Morphine and Demerol, and is a very short-acting painkiller.  It is
also, like opiates, addicting.  It is becoming popular as a "street
drug" because of its short-acting effects.

Best,

Bob

ROBERT A. FINK, M. D., F.A.C.S.
Neurological Surgery
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, CA  94704-2636  USA
Phone:  (510) 849-2555   FAX:  (510) 849-2557

WWW:  <http://www.dovecom.com/rafink/>

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"