MRS BEV K STEWARD wrote:

> Yes, I've had metallic taste off and on for years, though I've never
> identified which medication does it.  Also, I've had the grundgy
> problem of my toothbrush turning black and my hands depositing black
> marks on the bathroom basin when I wash my hands.  At the same time
> my fingernails get a black stain under them.  I've noticed it occurs
> most frequently when I have taken an anti-acid for indigestion along
> with my Parkinson medications.  I think it is a reaction to certain
> chemicals that get mixed together with the medications we take.  At
> least it keeps us on our toes trying to figure what's going on.  (My
> solution for the longest onslaught of black stain was to wear  bright
> finger nail polish to cover it.)
> The condition comes and goes.  I never decided just exactly which
> drugs were interacting to cause this disgusting condition.  Ugh!
>                                             Bev
Isn't that interesting! I don't get the metallic taste, but do find
black stains in the washbasin. So I stopped refilling my fountain pen
there but the stains still appear from nowhere. Could it be a reaction
with trace chemicals in the (Los Angeles) water? I take Sinemet,
Eldepryl, Mysoline. Anybody else see those funny black stains? Cheers,
Joe
--
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road