Bill had a handicapped parking permit for years.  However, (I believe
this is the secret) the first permit was requested by our Podiatrist listing
arthritis in the feet as the reason for not being able to walk very far, and
also indicating that he was aware of breathing problems in the patient.

In 1995 we had hand controls installed on our car, because Bill was
having very bad dyskinesia in FEET only and didn't know where they
were or what they were doing unless he could see them.  In trying to
be a good citizen and make sure he was doing whatever the Dept. of
Motor Vehicles wanted done he tipped his hand to the PD and they
started in on him with a vengance.  The final request was for a personal
"interview" with a DMV employee and probably a "driving test".  With
that kind of STRESS he figured he would fail both, so voluntarity gave
up his drivers license.

Get your parking permit anyway you can without using PD.  Your bodies
may be somewhat impaired but don't let some opionated civil servant
make the decision that you can't drive safely.  In most (and I know that
this does not apply to all, but) cases, the PWP knows his/her limitations
and is no more willing to cause harm to himself or anyone else than the
civil servant is to see it happen.  Don't be taken advantage of because of PD.

Love

Bobbie  CG Bill (72/14)  died November 14, 1997