Stan, I can only speak to how I reacted after open heart surgery 2 yrs ago.
My personality changed for a month or two to the worse.  I got angry over
nothing and fussed at those close to me.  Many people told me others that they
knew after this experience acted just like me.  That made me mad as I felt I
was justified over whatever it was at the moment that upset me.
I think that anesthesia, long hours of surgery, medications, stress, life
threatening experiences all add to the post surgery 'stress syndrome' or
whatever.
Mary CG for Mel 76/11