>Ok, I won't kill myself over it, but it would be one of the worst
>possible things that could happen.... To make matters worse, she hasn't
>written a single word to me since the desperately unhappy letter I
>recieved 4-5 days ago.
>
>/John.

John, it might help if you explained that there are several kinds of PD, and
that your disease (I assume) is not in the same category as her
grandfather's.  Also, she needs to understand that treatment for PD has
changed ****remarkably**** over the past *10 years.*  Her grandfather
probably didn't have the benefit of Pallidotomy, and most certainly couldn't
take advantage of  the new generation PD drugs that (as we have seen on this
list) have helped to remediate PD symptoms.

In the end, she needs to recognize that she has very little understanding of
MS, if she thinks that PD is the more severe disease.  She is most certainly
wrong in that regard.
-----
Regards
Mary Ann