John.....

My "credentials" first: I'm a single woman with 22 years of PD.  I've dated
men I've grown to care for over the years and they have cared for me - with
the PRIOR knowledge of my having PD.  Some of those men have had one or
another types of disease - heart disease, cancer, whatever.... IF I grew to
care about a man having a physical illness, I gave that serious thought BEFORE
getting deeply involved with them as I expected any man interested in ME to
give the same thought 'bout seeing a lady with Parkinson's.

I won't go into the differences between PD and MS 'cause several other
List-members have done so, and well.  And I won't go into how YOUR feelings
'bout your Lady's reaction to the news of your illness, 'cause you  covered
that topic well, and heck... your feelings ARE your feelings and ya have a
right to 'em.

BUT.... please keep in mind that your Lady herself is prolly experiencing
confusion and pain right now if she truly cares about you.  ALSO she'll feel
that if she cares about HERSELF, and she SHOULD think about and care about
herself considering your news.  In my opinion, she should think about HERSELF
before she thinks about YOU (and this would, in my opinion, apply to ANY
couple in similar circumstances).

I believe in a "couples situation," partners should be permitted to have AND
to express their own thoughts and fears without others (particularly their
SO!) telling them they're wrong.   EVEN if it's painful and might mean a
painful loss, NONE of us have the right to tell someone THEY are wrong to feel
whatever it is they're feeling... 'cause it is THEIR feelings... whatever the
cause of those feelings.

Sooooo, m'friend, I suggest you give the lady (and yourself) a break - stop
ordering her to call ya or to respond in any way.  She knows your address and
also your phone number, and she knows the depth of your feelings for her.
Give her the space and the time she so obviously needs to sort her own
feelings.  And also try (and I know it's hard!) to understand that this isn't
YOU, personally,  she's backing off from - it's the DISEASE and all that can
potentially come with it.

And THAT fear she certainly has a right to feel... and it's better that she
think about it NOW than in the future.

I hope - after some thought on the lady's part - you'll have some positive
news about you relationship to share with us.

Barb Mallut