On Tue 09 Dec, Margaret Mates wrote:
> I have black stains that appear in the wash basin.  I traced the
> stains to moisture that attaches to minute particles from the
> generic sinemet that I break into two halves while standing at
> the basin.  What happens to the teeth of people who chew or allow
> the drug to remain in the mouth before swallowing?

Hello Margaret

I thnk thst if there was going to be a problem, I would have seen it by now,
because I take my all tablets by dissolving them in my mouth. I take about
800 mg per day, and I take it as Madopar Dispersible.  That is because I take
one and a half tablets every 2 hours, and I cannot be sure of finding a
drink of water to help the tablet down. The Madopar Dispersible is made to
dissolve in water - they even add citric acid to make it taste better.
Maybe the chemicals have to be open to the air for the black stains to appear.
(I assume you are thinking along the lines that when PWPs had to take VERY
large doses of levodopa, before the advent of Carbidopa or Benseraside, it
had the effect of turning the urine black!)
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>