>     I wanted to thank everyone who has been sharing their
>experiences with the new medications. It has been very helpful to
>the rest of us. I was also glad to see today that Sonia, Jim and
>Dale are feeling better, and hope you will continue to improve.

AMEN to that!

>I have two questions for the current Requip users. (1) Can you
>suggest the best timing - before or after meals; with the Sinemet
>or alone; at certain times of the day? (2) It sounds like REQUIP
>is not effective until reaching much higher dosages than
>initially recommended. How much faster would you advise to
>increase the dosage?

Peter takes his ReQuip thus:  first dose in the morning with his 7AM
sinemet.        Second dose at lunch time, right after the meal.Third dose
at dinner time, again right after the meal.

Just be careful in titrating up to higher doses, and back off if
hallucinations occur. Our neuro said to decrease Sinemet if improvement was
noticed with Requip, if there was confusion or hallucination, or much
sleepiness.  (This latter puzzles me, since "somnolence" is acommon side
effect of Requip!)
Hope it woprks well for you!

        Camilla

        Now reached at the NEW EMAIL ADDRESS OF: