On Wed, 10 Dec 1997, Mary U CPR wrote:

> Mel goes in the hospital this morning for a shunt placement to enable him to
> begin Dialysis.  He is in Renal Failure (not related to his PD)
>
> We have been wondering if he should stop his Mirapex due to confusion and
> hallucinations.  The MD and ND said this kidney condition could cause that.
> So we will leave him on Mirapex til we see how lucid he becomes.

Mary, I think you had better check again about continuing the Mirapex!
The manufacturers of Mirapex in their insert declare: "RENAL: Since
pramipexole is eliminated through the kidneys, caution should be exercised
when prescribing MIRAPEX to patients with renal insufficiency."

Sounds like a warning!

  Sid Roberts   68/dx3
  [log in to unmask]       Youngstown, Ohio