----------
> Fra: ABAKALK <[log in to unmask]>
> Til: Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN <[log in to unmask]>
> Emne: Massage
> Dato: 11. december 1997 17:01
>
> I'm 81 years old,diagnosed 4 years.  My  medication is: 500mg l-dopa/24
hrs
> 80 mg c-dopa/24 hrs
> 2 caps amantadine/24 hrs.
> 4 hr dosage intervals
>
> With this medication I have an exercise routine for PD which includes
swimming
> work 4 days and twice a week a vigorous massage.  My excellent
neurologist is
> responsible for this tripartite program.  I write  this to encourage more
> attention to massage which has done wonders for me.  The masseur comes to
my
> home in Philadelphia and charges $40 for one hour massage or $25 for a
half
> hour massage.
>
> Give it some thought.
>
> Sam Kalkstein

********
Hello Sam,
I`m from Denmark, and our neuro always tell us pwp HOW important it is for
pwp to be in a great condition. It`s NOT enough only to take our
medication.
In Denmark we pwp are not paying for massage because we have an incurable
disease. I`m visiting my physiotherapist every wednesday - and I enjoy the
massage - it keeps my muscles soft.
Twice as week I`m doing gymnastic excersices, so like you I`m really in a
good condition.
Best wishes
Sonia