Hello, my father was diagnosed with Parkinson's in '93.  He has
had a number of physical therapy treatments but it is very difficult
to get his insurance company to approve the number of visits that
he actually needs.  Since both my mother (caregiver), brother and I
work, it is difficult for us to take time to do the exercises with him an=
d =

he will not do them alone.  I was reading a book by Glenna Atwood
and it mentioned an exercise video for Parkinson's patients called
"Get Up And Go".  It costs approximately $45.  I've considered =

ordering it for my dad hoping it will get him to exercise.  Before I do,
I was wondering if anyone has heard of it?  Is it worth the money?  =

Does anyone know of any other videos available or good books
about PD?  I am particularly interested in the video since I think that
this may get him to exercise as he has been complaining of stiffness
more than usual recently.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Kathy
(daughter of PD, 75/4)