 I was reading a book by Glenna Atwood
>and it mentioned an exercise video for Parkinson's patients called
>"Get Up And Go".  It costs approximately $45.  I've considered
>ordering it for my dad hoping it will get him to exercise.  Before I do,
>I was wondering if anyone has heard of it?  Is it worth the money?
>Does anyone know of any other videos available or good books
>about PD?  I am particularly interested in the video since I think that
>this may get him to exercise as he has been complaining of stiffness
>more than usual recently.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
>Kathy
>(daughter of PD, 75/4)

I think this is the video we borrowed from our PD group here. If so, it was
done in chairs, with 2 or 3 PWPs who had differing stages of mobility.  It
used exercises mainly for stretching, flexibility, full range of motion,
which are indeed helpful to PWPs.  I have to say the Peter didn't like to
exercise to any of several tapes we tried--he felt the extreme cheerfulness
of the leaders ("You are doing great"!) was kinda false, since they
couldn't see how he was doing! I must add that he resists exercising in
general, so don't take that too seriously!  To borrow the tape before
buying it sounds like a good idea, in case you also run into a negative
reaction.

  Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 79/8
  Oxford, OH
 * Ask me about the CARE list for*