From:             BSCHIRLOFF <[log in to unmask]>
Date sent:        Fri, 12 Dec 1997 11:31:24 EST
To:               [log in to unmask]
Subject:          Re:  Appropriations for the Udall Bill/Parkinsons
Research Organization:     AOL (http://www.aol.com)

Hi Philip-
Thank you for reading the Udall post and making such good use of the
email addresses.

I trust Kennedy's and Kerry's offices will take notice of your
poignant words and sign the letter

Would you consider posting it to the full list for those who would
like to contact their Senators but don't know what to say?  I think it
would be an inspiration to many.

Thanks for your help,
Barbara
I heartly agree and encourage to do as I finally did --BUG YOUR
SENATORS - otherwise they woun't think of it and won't know how much
we want and need it.

Philip Connors

   ------- Forwarded Message Follows -------From:
        Self <PCONNORS.FACULTY.MMA> To:
[log in to unmask],[log in to unmask] Subject:
Appropriations for the Udall Bill/Parkinsons Research Cc:
[log in to unmask] Date:          Thu, 11 Dec 1997 21:18:23 -0500

Sirs,

I'll begin by thanking you and our entire delegation in Congress for
supporting the recently passed Udall Bill.  As you know far better
than I do the next step of funding it is vital.  Not just in doing
it, but when it gets done.I know that you have had many personal/and
family/ crises.  And I assume you have seen people with PD ( or other
degenerative neuromuscular diseases).  To watch my wife of 38 years
slowly deteriorate over the last 14 years is truly painful.  It is
fortunately progressing slowly and in her present state, and at age
60, her neurologists fell there is much good life in the lady yet -
if a cure can be found.  Every year leaves her more debilitated and
with less life left AFTER THE CURE IS FOUND.  We must believe that IT
WILL BE FOUND.

Please sign the McCain/Wellstone letter urging President Clinton to
include the needed money in the upcoming budget.

Also so that we may coordinate our efforts to secure this funding
please have someone on your staff let me know that you have signed
it.
(Either to the above email address, or to my home phone 978-464-5220,
or regular mail 23 Worcester Rd.., Princeton, MA 01541-1522.)

Thank you and Merry Christmas to you and you staff and families.

Philip I. Connors
Professor of Engineering
Massachusetts Maritime Academy
Buzzards Bay, MA 02532