I have received a great deal of benefit from the Parkinsn list
server, which I monitor for news which I pass along to my
brother, who has Parkinson's.  Sometimes I have contributed to
the list myself.  Unfortunately, there have been some incidents
recently which I am certain have bothered other list
subscribers as well.

I would greatly appreciate it if members of the list would
refrain from attempting to send oversize messages to the
listserver.  Such messages would include 1) replies that
include previous digest outputs which themselves are already
large, 2) word processor files which make no sense since they
aren't in ASCII text format anyway, 3) images, which can only be
read with the appropriate software, and 4) other extremely large
messages.

I don't know how it affects other people, but whenever one of
these comes through and I try to bring it up on the screen, my
computer can't handle it and I have to reboot.  Then I just
delete the messages, thereby losing the good messages at the
same time as I delete the oversize message which caused the
problem in the first place.

Thanks

Norm Archer

Norm Archer                  Phone 905-525-9140 Ext. 23944
Management Science &         FAX   905-521-8995
   Information Systems       Email [log in to unmask]
McMaster University
School of Business
Hamilton, Ontario  L8S 4M4
Canada