        Regarding massage:  My husband, John, who has PSP, but nonetheless,
terrible dystonia of his neck...rigid, no range of motion, pain,
spasm.etc....began acupressure massage about three months ago and has had
wonderful results.  He goes weekly.  Sessions are 1 hour and cost $160.00
for five sessions.  We go to her.  She is RN, MSN, trained in Chinese
medicine and acupressure, Shiatsu and acupuncture.  The goal was to relieve
the pain of his dystonia.  The result has been to relieve the pain,
increase range of motion, AND to improve his swallowing, speech and chronic
coughing due to mucuous and swallowing issues.  Not to mention his sense of
well-being and how much he looks forward to going to see her each week.
His neurologist prescribed the regimen to relieve the pain.  We hope to
persuade him to do a controlled clinical trial comparing standard rx for
this (botox) and acupressure in PSP and in Parkinson's patients.

*****
Janice Clements
649 Everest Rd.
Milton, VT  05468