Dennis Greene wrote:

> 2.  Whilst initially able to function well on the reduced levadopa
> level, after a week I needed to increase my dose.  Since then I have
> found that the severe dyskinesia tends to occur towards the end of a
> two day period and can be stopped by reducing the next dose of
> levadopa by 25mg.
>
> 3.  For reasons I cannot yet explain I occasionly take a dose which
> does not work, leaving me "off" for up to three hours.  The next dose
> works normally. To put this in perspective, I am well versed in the
> subtleties of timing meds, mealtimes, protien, etc

Dennis,this point to me that the control of PD does NOT depend only on
the "rigth" dose of levodopa(or dopamine) one may have.One fact is that
pallidotomy that destroy many neurons in the brain do help in the control
of many symptoms in PD and usually reduces the necessary intake of
levodopa afterwards....as did happened to yourself(I suppose).

Best wishes,

   +----| Joao Paulo de Carvalho   |------ +
   +--------| Salvador-Bahia-Brazil |------+