Group -

As most of you know, I underwent the so-called "pig-cell" implant procedure in
September of 1996.  Earlier this week I was in Boston for the 15th-month post-
op evaluation.  And I am very happy to report that there is continued
improvement.  This is very good news.

But wait, there's more!  I was contacted by Maryland Public Television
(affiliated with PBS) regarding the operation.  They wanted to include me in a
production they're filming about new Parkinson's Disease therapies.  The plan
was to tape the testing that is performed every 3 months (in both the "on" and
"off" states) and then interview me to get some personal insight as to how PD
changed my life before, during, and after the surgery.

The film crew was waiting for me when I arrived in Boston on Thursday.  Being
a bit of a "ham" (especially now, since the operation - heh, heh) I was not in
the least bit nervous.  Anyway, although it was a very tiring day, it was also
a lot of fun.  The production people were wonderful to work with.

I have no idea when it will be televised.  As I understand it this will be a
segment of MPTV's "HealthWeek" program.  You'll have to check your PBS
station's listing for the date and time if you're interested in seeing it.  Of
course, I'll keep you informed.

As always, for those of you who haven't read my reports, you can request a
copy by writing to my E-Mail address.

Happy Holidays -

Jim Finn