hi all

i've received a couple of comments about
the clairvoyant comment in my cat emotion message
so i thought i'd post this to all of you

barb patterson's free feline massage therapy
reminded me of samantha too

it was my father who decided that
samantha, my very first cat, was clairvoyant

he and i were living together when i was attending college
i frequently stayed at school fairly late in the day
and was never on a regular schedule

the bus stop was across the street from our third floor apartment
the buses ran quite frequently  - every ten minutes or so

dad would watch samantha seemingly dozing
as she ignored several [or many more than that] buses
as they stopped to discharge passengers across the street

she would suddenly get up and walk to the door
and sit waiting for me
while i crossed the street
climbed the two flights of stairs
and opened the door

she always knew which bus i was on...

another time
i was very ill with gallstones misdiagnosed as infectious hepatitis [!]
and was at home in bed in pain for several weeks

one day it all came down on me
and i just lay there weeping quietly
wishing i could die so the pain would stop

samantha walked up from her usual post at the foot of my bed
sat herself on my stomach
and stared into my eyes

i swear she knew exactly how i was feeling
and her body heat helped ease the pain...

some people may think i'm crazy
to take all four members of my current cat family
with me on the now infamous move to canada
[any day now, honest!]
but when i adopt a cat
i see it as a lifelong commitment
it's the least i can do in return for what they give me

yours in cyber-cat-land

janet

ps to cyber-dad
i have this funny image in my mind
of your dog assisting you in moaning and groaning!
sis
janet [log in to unmask]