I can't resist commenting on the things Janet has mentioned about her cat....

SNIPPED
>she would suddenly get up and walk to the door
>and sit waiting for me
>while i crossed the street
>climbed the two flights of stairs
>and opened the door

This is what my cat, MiMi-Ji does--watching out the window and then going
to the door of our apartment building as I approach--she never does this
when anyone else is coming in.

>i swear she knew exactly how i was feeling
>and her body heat helped ease the pain...

---and the other day, when Peter was feeling really miserable and
depressed, and I was seated beside him, Mimi-Ji  came and got up on HIS
lap, lyingthere for a while, as he kept his hand on her---"normally" mine
would be the "lap of choice" and she might honor him with her presence if I
were out!
The studies thAt show pets are beneficial to us are right on target!

  Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 79/8
  Oxford, OH
 * Ask me about the CARE list for*
 *   Parkinson's caregivers !    *